- They fought to be seen as equal among the Western powers without undergoing to same imperialist pressures that they had watched happen to China.
- This occurred in Japan.
- The aggressors were the Western World and the victim was Japan.
- Their efforts were very successful as they became a modern industrialized country.
- The colonists were continuously ignored by the London government. This became more of an issue for the colonists than the unwanted taxes put into place by the Stamp Act.
- This occurred in America.
-The London government was the aggressor. with the American colonists being the victims.
- Their efforts did turn out to be successful and the Americans won their independence
- The French people were forced to pay taxes to pay for Frances debts. The debt was from the seven year war and assisting the Americans during their revolution.
- This occurred in France.
- The aggressor would be the King who placed the taxes and the victims were the French classified as the Third Estate.
- The efforts lead to the long term effect being the establishment of human rights in France and the end of the monarchy.
Mexican War of Independence1810-1821
- Unjust taxation along with oppressive rules on religion and nationalism made by Spain caused the people to revolt.
- The revolt occurred in Mexico.
- The aggressor was the Spanish colonial authorities, with the victim being Mexico
- The efforts were successful and resulted in Mexico winning its independence from Spain.
Venezuelan War of Independence1810-1823
- The Spanish had unjust rule over the criollos and mestizos who sought liberty.
- This occurring in Venezuela.
- The aggressor was the Spanish authorities and the victims were the criollos and mestizos.
- the efforts to resist were not successful, however it brought awareness to the issue and Venezuela latter won independence.
Philippine- American war1899-1902
- Once Spain ceded the Philippines to the U.S. fighting broke out in attempt to free themselves from the U.S.
-This occurred in the Philippines
The aggressor was the American government with the victims being the Philippine people.
- The effects of this resistance were successful with them gaining independence from America.