Evolution of Mankind
- At a time when there were not many humans in the world, thousands of years ago, and mankind was just beginning to develop, the transformation of Islam became a social, philosophical, and religious movement. -The movement expresses monumental social goals, ranging from the beginning of Islamic holidays, and turning it into a big yearly celebration for generations to come.
Prophet Muhammad is born in Mecca.
- He comes from a noble and well respected family, and he is widely known for his honest and loyal character.
Prophet Muhammad is visited by the angel Gabriel.
- At the young age of 40, according to Muslim beliefs, the Prophet was visited by the angel while retrieving in a cave.
- The angel recites the first revelations of the Holy Book, the Quran, and reveals he is gods prophet.
Islam is accepted in the town of Yathrib.
- This marks the beginning of the Islamic calendar, and the laws are revealed from the Quran.
Citizens in Middle East begin to acknowledge the tradition called Ramadan
- The year the Quran was brought down, in 622 BCE, people read it thoroughly and came upon the 30 day fasting period requested to be accomplished once a year by god. (Allah)
The first Ramadan Holy Month takes place
- The people in the middle east take part in the first ever Ramadan, in the year 624 as a whole group.
The first Eid known to Mankind is celebratedThe first Eid is completed, and the Prophet Muhammad celebrates with his friends and relatives after the victory of the battle of Jang-E-Bar
A 2nd Eid is sent to the people of Islam-After 6 years of celebrating the Month of Ramadan and Eid, the Islamic people are introduced to the 2nd Eid
- That is, "Eid Al Adhah"
Various beliefs create Conflict within the Culture
- After the death of a man who was one of the most respected in the community, believed to be murdered, hundreds of people thought it was wrong and did not want to be in the same group as the other Muslims.
- These people went on to create their own sub culture, as Islamic, but separated themselves to fight for the justice of the murdered man Ali.
- They named themselves the "Shia's"
Shia group vs Islam WarsConflict had still continued for decades leading to this, but from a political view, the history of the Shia was displayed in numerous stages.
- The 1st is the appearance of themselves
- Second, is the differentiation of the Shia group, with the Muslim community. This part begins after the battle of Kabarla.
Battle of Kabarla
- During this time period from 632-680, the Shia's divided in numerous states and their philosophies on the rest of Muslims took a southern turn.
- Their beliefs completely switched because of an event that was misrepresented, in the Death of Ali. Their aspect of culture shifted into a darker place, and they wanted to get their revenge.
People all over the world begin to convert to Islam
- As the centuries went on, a large population on Earth were either Christian, Islamic, or Jewish.
- Many more people were convinced in the religion, and converted to it
Muslims arive to North America
- According to historians, Muslims migrated to North America in the early 16th century
Slavery BattleAround some time between 1610-1640, slaves who attempted to maintain their Islamic roots, were forcibly converted to Christianity upon arrival to the new way of life in North America.
Population growth grows to an estimated 115 Million
- Near the end of the decade, the population of Muslims in North America was estimated to have been 115 million, which was almost the highest in the continent.
- The more the community grew, the more the culture changed and the elements in it.
The first Islamic mosque is built
- The first mosque built in North America is Al-Rashid Mosque
Mosques become regularly used for prayers
- Once mosques were beginning to be built all over the country in the mid 1900's, they were being used for daily prayer numerous times per day, and for annual holiday including eid prayers.
EarlyTechnology is Used as a Platform
- With the new technology on the rise at the time, citizens were limited as to how present their voice about this occasion. Information about the celebration was distributed through newspapers, audio through radios, and posters on the streets, becuause that was the most advanced way to spread awareness about a culture at the time.
Upcoming brand new technology makes Eid a worldwide tradition
- It changed the perception of the Islamic culture because it was used as a platform to spread the word about the annual joyous celebrations, most importantly Eid.
- By this time, there was not really a level of hierarchy or as much of sub cultural discrimination, and people had various platforms options to use their voices and speak up.
- Today, Eid is celebrating by millions all over the world. On the 2 Eid dates every year, it is broadcasted on news stations and television all over the globe. Most of the worlds population knows about the celebration, such as Christmas with Christians anywhere.