Planning The Project: Production ScheduleFirst task is to produce the production schedule for the Foundation Portfolio, to help me organize my time for the project.
Research/ case studies (Planning)Get two music magazines and evaluate it. Talk about
- Covections of page layout
- Secondary audience research
- who publishes the magazine?
Preliminary Task: LSC magazine (Planning)Produce pages for a college magazine.
Create a front page and a contents pge.
Include original photography
Audience feedback and evaluation - preliminary task/ college magazine (Planning)Get feedback on my college magazine. Then use this to make an evaluation on the magazine
- What went well ?
- What do i need to improve?
- Three clear points to develop on
Magazine newsstand task/ distribution of magazine (Planning)Go to a newsstand and look at music magazine titles available.
- where and how they have been displayed
- Take a couple pics on phone and upload it
- Write about what i found on the blog.
Drafting and finalizing house styles, drafts and layouts (Planning)
Photography (Construction)Get shown how to use the DSLR camera to be able to photographs for the music magazine.
Audience Research TaskEvaluate the audience feedback from the pitch from a focus group. Make changes if needed from feedback.
PhotographyHave a minimum of 4 pics for the magazine (so take loads of pics to chose from a varity) Take the photos
Desk Top Publishing and Editing My Music Magazine (Construction)Draft of cover page, contents page and DPS
Desk Top Publishing and Editing My Music Magazine (Construction)The front cover, contents page and DPS needs to be completed and uploaded to the website.
Audience research- main task / music magazine (Planning / Evaluation)Get feedback on the music magazine.
comment on the weaknesses and the strengths and how does the final magazine compare to the draft and the plans
Planning the Evaluation (Evaluation)This is worth 20% of the coursework grade. Evaluation needs to address the following:
- In what ways does my media product use, develop or challenge forms and convections of real media products?
- How does my media product represent particular social groups?
- What kind of media institution might distrubute my media product and why?
- Who would be the audience of my media product?
- How did i attract my audience?
Creating the EvaluationI will be marked according to how appropriate my chosen technologies are to the presentation of my answer, and how creative / interactive i am, as well as the content of my answers needs to be uploaded by this date