Creative ideas and scheduling (HW)-Decide on a suitable track
-General agreement about a track
-.Choose a song with words that can be understood and learnt
-Using this brief, produce a production schedule to help you plan out all the tasks and key dates for the Advanced Portfolio project. Publish this to your blog and / or produce a timetoast.
Research/ case studies (HW)-Gather 3 case studies of existing music videos that relate to your idea in terms of genre / style, content and role of performance.
• Synopsize the video
• Is the video conceptual, narrative or performance based? How / why?
• Themes and motifs
• Representations of stars / artistes including authorage, role of performance and lip synching.
• Which elements are post-modern and how?
Camera angles, special effects, mise en scene and editing techniques
Treatment-write a treatment (a rough plan of what you intend to do) (short)
-make sure you include
• A summary of the narrative idea and how it links to the lyrics / sound of the track. The role of performance. Any conceptual elements
• Which professional music videos inspired you and how (case studies). What makes the promo video different?
• Casting / actors, props, location(s)
• Any ethical considerations
• Channel for broadcast (includes YouTube / other internet channels)
Focus groups/ pitch-initial pre-production audience feedback on your idea and treatment
-Write an evaluation of the audience feedback including any changes you will make as a result.
-make changes after feedback
-upload the video of the feedback to your YouTube channel and embed it on your blog
Pre-production-draw up a detailed storyboard
-plan each shot to the second, giving a full description of proposed locations, camera size, position and angles, action, lighting, and timing.
-seek written permission to use actors and locations, using release forms
-to produce risk assessments, recces and call sheets
Shooting the videoStart filming
-three weeks to shoot the video, and three filming opportunities, which include one weekend. We suggest you try to get all your filming done on the weekend, and use the other two sessions as contingencies
-48 hour notice to technicians
Editing-go to training
-3 weeks to edit video
-fix lip syncing
Research and planning the CD / DVD cover and advert• Case studies (individual work): find three examples of current CD digipacks for existing music promos of similar genres / styles to your own video. Find three accompanying magazine adverts for similar digipaks. Take notes on use of images (shot type / framing )these in your own CD digipak.
-produce mock ups of advert cover
Producing the CD / DVD digipak and advert-Plan and book a shoot as required
-Produce photography call sheets
-photography needs to be complete before Friday 11th December 2015.
-produce the two print artefacts (minimum 4 panes)
Post-production feedbackYou will screen your finished music promo and show your target audience your two print artefacts, gaining feedback by focus group and / or survey monkey or another digital alternative. Evaluate your feedback on the blog. This will be done in class on the week commencing 11th January 2016.
Evalutation P1There are two options for your evaluation. The first option is to produce an individual creative evaluation, in which you choose a range of creative digital technologies to present your answers. These might include prezi, bounceapp, spiderscribe, infogram, flickr, annotated YouTube videos, vlogs, slideshares, thinglink, glogster, or any more creative techs you find. The key is that you should chose techs which are appropriate to your response.
Evaluation P2The second option is to produce a Director’s Commentary and “extras” DVD as a group
• In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
• How effective is the combination of your main product
• What have you learned from your audience feedback?
• How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
Editing the evalationYou need to edit the creative evaluation or Director’s Commentary and , and upload it to your blog, to meet the final Advanced Portfolio deadline of