Period: 970 BCE to 931 BCE
Reign of King Solomon
Period: 966 BCE to 956 BCE
Period: 940 BCE to 732 BCE
Aram (Syria)Foreign Power and Enemy
Kingdom SplitNorthern Kingdom: Israel
Southern Kingdom: Judah
Period: 931 BCE to 910 BCE
*King Jeroboam*King of Israel
Did what was evil in sight of the Lord
- Set up golden calf’s claiming them as God
- Festivals worshiping theses “gods”
- Made own priests and sacrifices
Period: 931 BCE to 913 BCE
*King Rehoboam*King of Judah
Did what was evil in the sight of the LORD
- Turned from law of the LORD
- Married many women
- Lost Gold shield of Lord temple to King Shishak of Egypt and replaced with bronze
Period: 913 BCE to 911 BCE
King AbijamKing of Judah
Did what was evil in Lords sight following in ways of father but God spared him to keep Covenant of David
Period: 911 BCE to 870 BCE
King AsaKing of Judah
Did was right in sight of Lord
- Banished male prostitution
- Removed all idols that father had made
- Removed queen his grandmother
- Brought consecrated gifts of his father and himself of silver and gold to temple Yet did not take down high places.
Period: 910 BCE to 909 BCE
King NadabKing of Israel
Son of Jeroboam, doing what was evil in the sight of the Lord
- Walking in sins of father The Lord used Baasha to kill him and his household destroying their lineage due to the sins of Jeroboam and how his own did not repent.
Baasha became king in his place
Period: 909 BCE to 886 BCE
King BaashaKing of Israel
Son of Baasha, doing what was evil in the sight of the Lord, walking in the ways of his father. Lord promised to eradicate their lineage as well due to their sins
King ZimriKing of Israel
Did what was evil in sight of Lord
- Killed Baasha lineage as the LORD foretold
- Burnt down royal city due to conspired and moved to overthrow him Israel became divided as half followed Omri and the other half Tibni, but Omari was stronger and Tibini died making Omri king
Period: 885 BCE to 874 BCE
King OmriKing of Israel
Did what was evil in sight of LORD, doing more evil them all rulers before him.
- Walked I’m all way Jeroboam, causing Israel to as well
Period: 875 BCE to 848 BCE
*Elijah*Northern Prophet of the LORD
A voice and challenger of righteousness is Israel, challenging gods with signs and miracles from God, for purpose of repentance.
Period: 874 BCE to 853 BCE
*King Ahab*King of Israel
Did what was evil in the sight of the LORD far more then anyone before him.
- Followed all ways of Jeroboam
- Married Jezebel daughter of Sidonians King, which brought worship of Baal
- Set up worship and temples for Baal
- Built Jericho with cost of his first born and youngest due to curse on Jericho.
- Murdered out of greed God challenged Ahab several times trying to get him to turn from his sins and repent.
- Lord promised to wipe out all his lineage and servants.
Period: 870 BCE to 846 BCE
JehoshaphatKing of Judah
Walked in ways of father Asa, doing what was right in sight of LORD. But did not destroy high places and stop worship in them.
- Made peace with Israel
- Eradicated rest of male cult prostitution
Period: 860 BCE to 845 BCE
ObadiahProphet of the LORD
Period: 853 BCE to 852 BCE
King AhaziahKing of Israel
Did what was evil in sight of the LORD, walking in all ways of his father and Jerobaom.
- Served and worshiped Baal
- Inquire of Baal when fell sick so God let that sickness kill him
- Attacked Elijah for this and fire from heaven and destroyed them all.
Period: 852 BCE to 841 BCE
King JoramKing of Israel
Did what was rightish thing in the sight of the LORD
- Removed pillars of Baal
- Consulted the LORD through prophet Elisha concerning war with Moab. For this the LORD handed Moab over to him But did more evil in sight of LORD, walking in all other sins of his father and Jeroboam.
Period: 848 BCE to 797 BCE
*Elisha*Prophet of the LORD
Walked in all the ways of Elijah but with double the portion. Being a voice and challenger for GOD to bring people to repentance.
- Miracle of widows oil never running out
- Promise of a child to barren women. The child died and was raised again by GOD
- Purifying poison soup
- Multiplication of bread
- Word of healing of disease to Naaman resulting in healing and conversion of many people
- Locating objects
- Vision of spiritual army
- Prophecy of famine, war and disaster
Period: 846 BCE to 841
King JehoramKing of Judah
Did what was evil in sight of the LORD, for sake of covenant God I’d not destroy.
King AhaziaKing of Judah
Did what was evil in sight of LORD walking in ways of father Ahab
Period: 841 BCE to 814 BCE
King JehuKing of Israel
Did what was right in sight of LORD. He was chosen and anointed king by GOD through prophet Elisha
- Destroyed house of Ahab, as LORD commanded
- Killed Jezebel
- Killed the rest of servants of Baal , eliminating Baal worship But did not full heartedly follow God and did not repent and correct sins of Jerboam.
Period: 841 BCE to 835 BCE
Queen AthaliahMother of Ahaziah
Did what was evil in the sight of the LORD
- Killed all sons of David’s lineage with exception of one who was saved, Joash for he was and from her.
- Was over thrown by commanders of the armies when legitimate son of king Joash was made known. They protected the boy and anointed him as king.
JoelSouthern Prophet of the LORD
- During height of Monarchy
- Message of repentance for The Day of the LORD is coming, painting pictures of GODs judgement to come, but how He is also mercy
Period: 835 BCE to 801 BCE
King JoashKing of Judah
Was last surviving son of David’s lineage and was 7yrs old when anointed he was king.
Did what was right in the sight of the Lord, walking in instruction of the LORDs priest all his life, yet did not take down high places.
- Effort to repair the temple
Period: 814 BCE to 798 BCE
King JehoahazKing of Israel
Did what was evil in sight of LORD, walking in ways of Jeroboam.
- During his reign LORD handed Israel over to King of Aram.
- He sought favor from the LORD and the LORD delivered Israel.
- They continued to live as they had
Period: 801 BCE to 783 BCE
King AmaziahKing of Judah
Did what was right in the sight of the LORD, yet high places remained.
- Put to death servant traders of his father the king, and did not kill the children as written in law of Moses.
- Was captured by Jehoash King of Israel which resulted in Jerusalem’s, and theft of treasuries in LORDs temple and Kings palace and hostages taken.
- Rebuilt Elath
Period: 798 BCE to 782 BCE
King JehoashKing of Israel
Did what was evil in sight of the LORD, walked in ways of Jeroboam and did not turn from them
Period: 793 BCE to 753 BCE
JonahProphet of the LORD
Period: 783 BCE to 732 BCE
King AzariahKing of Judah
Did what was right in the sight of the LORD, yet did not tear down high places.
Period: 782 BCE to 753 BCE
King JeroboamKing of Israel
Did what was evil in the sight of the LORD, not turning from sins of Jeroboam 1st.
- Restored boarder from Leo-hamath as far as Sea of Arabah, commanded by the LORD.
- Recovered Damascus and Hamath which belonged to Judah.
Period: 770 BCE to 727 BCE
HoseaProphet of the Lord
- During the time Assyria overthrew Israel
- Made clear devastation was GODs judgement for Israel’s sins as well used him to call people back to the LORD.
- Message to stop promiscuity and Idolatry in a parallel between spiritual and marital unfaithfulness. Showing no matter how unfaithful Israel was to God nothing can stop Gods love for His people.
Period: 770 BCE to 760 BCE
AmosSouthern Prophet of the LORD
- During time of prosperity but prophesied the Destruction by Assyria.
- Message that God is A just judge and it is His right to judge everyone. But despite it all God is able to bring redemption, and salivation. Hope.
Period: 753 BCE to 752 BCE
King ZechariahKing of Israel
Did what was evil in sight of the Lord, walking in ways of father and Jerobaom the first.
King ShallumKing Israel
Reigned for only a month in Samaria before he was killed?
Period: 752 BCE to 742 BCE
King MenahemKing of Israel
Did what was evil in the sight of the LORD, did not run from the ways of his fathers, walking in ways of Jeroboam the first.
- Attacked Tiphsad and all within it because they would not surrender.
- Ripped open all the pregnant women
- Paid off King of Assyria so he would support him, and Assyria withdrew from engaging in battle with them.
Period: 750 BCE to 735 BCE
King JothamKing of Judah
Did what was right in the sight of the LORD, walking in ways of father Uzziah but did not destroy the high places.
- Continue to building defenses, and simulated agriculture.
- Assyria revolt, maintained anti-Assyrian policies
-Promoted religion of the LORD Relayed on the walls and protection they made in their own strength instead of the LORDs
Period: 745 BCE to 612 BCE
AssyriaForeign Power and Enemy
Founded by Babylon emigrants
Main cities Cala, Nineveh, Asia
Encompassed Media, South Anatolia, Ciicia, Palestine, Arabia, Egypt, Elam and Babylon.
- Great, curl warriors: Cutting off body parts: feet, hands, ears, eyes, nose and showing skulls for fear
- Pulled their captors by hooks in face
Period: 745 BCE to 727 BCE
Assyria: Tiglathpileser 3Foreign Power and Enemy 745-727
- Introduced policy of incorporating empire as provinces, the conquered territories.
- Introduced policy of exiling conquered people, to their territories to prevent revolt.
Period: 742 BCE to 740 BCE
King PekahiahKing of Israel
Did what was evil in the sight of the LORD, not turning from the ways of Jeroboam the first and his fathers.
- Was murdered by his officer Pekah who became king in his place
Period: 740 BCE to 732 BCE
King PekahKing of Israel
Did what was evil in the sight of the LORD, not turning from ways of Jeroboam the first and his fathers.
- Ijon, Abel-Beth-maacah, Janoah, Kedesh, Hazor, Gilead, and Galilee where captured by Assyria.
- Murdered by Elah who became king in his place.
Period: 740 BCE to 686 BCE
*Isaiah*Southern Prophet of the LORD
- Citizen of Jerusalem, counselor to kings, part of royal family.
- Describes the people’s corruption
- False pity on the people for they worshiped with lips and not hearts.
- Shows Gods heart for His people is like children and their Father wanting them to repent and be cleansed.
- Brought warning of war and destruction/ capture if they do not repent
- Judah’s fall prophesied.
Period: 737 BCE to 700
MiachSouthern Prophet of the LORD
- Purpose to be a call to repentance with warning of destruction and silence from GOD. But He is also faithful and those who follow Him will find Salvation.
- Making a clear distinction that we should always seek and obey conceal of GOD over man. Turning with all our hearts to Him in repentance.
Period: 735 BCE to 727 BCE
King AhazKing of Judah
Did what was evil in the sight of the LORD, walking in ways of kings of Israel.
- Pro-Assyrian politics
-Sacrificed son in fire like other nations to Moloc
- New high places + “gods”
- Built a alter in front of the LORDs alter, & torn down Sabbath canopy, closed the outer entrance for the king & paid with treasuries to satisfy Assyria. Syria under Rezien and Israel invaded Judah, besieging Jerusalem, God approved. Isaiah said to Trust in God, but he trusted Assyria.
Period: 732 BCE to 722 BCE
King HosheaKing of Israel
Did what was evil in the sight of the LORD, but not as the kings before him.
- Became vassal and paid tribute to Assyria
- In 9th year of reign Assyria captured Samaria, deporting the Israelites to Assyria.
Period: 727 BCE to 697 BCE
*King Hezekiah*King of Judah
Did what was right in the sight of the LORD, keeping and following the commands of the LORD. One of the best.
- Destroyed the high places & evil worship
- Relied on the LORD.
- Rebelled against Assyria King & did not serve him.
- Defeated Philistines as far as Gaza
- Opened temple, fixed priests & covenant
- Built wall around Jerusalem for war, broken
-LORD healed him, delivered him from Assyria.
In illness showed rulers of Babylon his house bringing prophecy of fall to Babylon.
Period: 727 BCE to 722 BCE
Assyria: Shalmaneser 5Foreign Power and Enemy 858-824
- Hebrew nation vs Assyria began
- Ahab participated in the coalition that stopped their advance, but Jehu avoided confronting them ,paying a heavy tribute.
- Last king of Israel stopped paying tribute, so he laid siege to Samaria in 724, Egypt didn’t send aid and Israels capital was taken over in 722. Deporting them to eastern provinces where most never returned and turned to other Gods.
Fall of SamariaCaptured by Assyria under reign of King Hoshea, King of Israel.
This was the way the LORD removed Israel from his presence into exile, due to their sins which they refused to turn from and repent of. They remain in exile from their homeland to this day.
Period: 722 BCE to 705 BCE
Assyria: Sargon 2Foreign Power and Enemy
Period: 705 BCE to 681 BCE
Assyria: SennacheribForeign Power and Enemy
Assyrian Siege of Jerusalem
Period: 697 BCE to 642 BCE
*King Manasseh*King of Judah
Did what was evil in the sight of the LORD, imitating more detestable practices of nations dispossessed before Israel, causing Israelites follow.
- Rebuilt high places
- Re-established alters and worship of Baal
- Built alters to other “gods” in GODs temple, like Asherah
- Sacrificed son in fire
- Practiced witchcraft, divination and consulted mediums and spiritualists. Due to this the LORD sent warning of destruction through prophets.
Period: 642 BCE to 640 BCE
King AmonKing of Judah
Did what was evil in sight of the LORD, walking in all way of his father Manasseh.
- Abandoned the LORD
- Was conspired against by servants and common people killed all those who killed him.
Period: 640 BCE to 609 BCE
*King Josiah*King of Judah
Did what was right in the sight of the LORD, walking in all the ways of David not turning from them. Obeyed 1st commandment
- Repaired temple
- Found Law and repented for people. Restoring law and the covent to people
- Destroyed all alter in LORDs temple dedicated to other “gods”
- Did away with idolatrous priests
- Tore down houses of male cult prostitution in LORDs temple
- Torn down high places
- Defiled top hatch and stoped worship to Malech
- Restored Passover
Period: 640 BCE to 609 BCE
ZephaniahSouthern Prophet of the LORD
NahumProphet of the LORD
Period: 627 BCE to 580 BCE
*Jeremiah*Southern Prophet of the LORD
Period: 626 BCE to 529 BCE
BabylonForeign Power and Enemy
King JehoahazKing of Judah
Did what was evil in sight of the LORD, as ancestors had.
Period: 609 BCE to 598 BCE
King JehoiakimKing of Judah
Did what was evil in sight of the LORD, just as his ancestors had.
- Gave silver and gold to Pharaoh and at Pharaohs command texted common people giving it to Pharaoh.
- Babylon attacked during his reign and he became his vassal for 3yrs.
-The LORD sent armies against Judah to destroy it as He had warned. Removing Judah from the LORDs presence, due to all the sins and innocent blood shed of the people that went unchanging and unrepentant.
Period: 609 BCE to 598 BCE
HabakkukSouthern Prophet of the LORD
Period: 605 BCE to 536 BCE
*Daniel*Prophet of the LORD
Period: 605 BCE to 562 BCE
Babylon: NebuchadnezzarForeign Power and Enemy
Period: 598 BCE to 597 BCE
King JehoiachinKing of Judah
Did what was evil in sight of the LORD.
He reign for only 3 months in Jerusalem, when he surrendered to king of Babylon.
Period: 597 BCE to 586 BCE
King ZedekiahLast king of Judah
He did what was evil in the sight of the LORD, just as Jehoiakim.
- Uncle of Jehoiachin
- In Babylon the king of Babylon made him (Mettaniah) king in his place and changed his name to Zedekiah.
- Zedekiah rebelled against king of Babylon and Babylon seized the city a few years later, capturing and blinding him. The LORDs anger burned against them and He finally banished both Judah and Israel from His presence.
Period: 597 BCE to 571 BCE
*Ezekiel*Prophet of the LORD
Beginning of Exile
Fall of Jerusalem7th day on the 5th month the 19th year of reign of Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon Jerusalem was sieged and Destroyed by the servant of the king.
- Deported the rest of the people in exile aside from poorest of poorest.
- Destroyed the LORDs temple
Period: 553 BCE to 539 BCE
Babylon: BelshazzarForeign Power and Enemy
Cyrus Conquered Babylon
Period: 539 BCE to 1 BCE
PersiaForeign Power and Enemy
Period: 539 BCE to AD 1
Persia: CyrusForeign Power and Enemy