-
The tabby Ruins are ruins of old tabby buildings. Tabby is a term used to describe a mixture of oyster shells and sand.
-
The Praise house was a small building behind a church where slaves were allowed to worship.
-
This cemetary has graves dating back to 1870
-
This church was originally used as a school, church, and cemetary, and is still used today as a church.
-
This tree was a meeting place for white men to sit after church and converse about non church appropriate things like animals and slaves.
-
This cemetary was founded behind the First Union African Baptist Church.
-
This dock's original purpose was to ship oysters to many locations worldwide.
-
This building was originally the meeting place for the Brothers And Sisters Oyster Society.
-
This school was built for the white children on the island.
-
This cemetary was founded near running water in traditional african tradition so that the soul would find its way back to Africa. It is still in use today.
-
This cemetary was founded to bury the dead of the gullah residents of Daufuskie Island.
-
This School Was Built in the 1930's by WPA workers.
-
This school was built on the south side of the island so children would not have to wealk up the entire island to go to school.
-
This farm was founded in 2010 and now supplies the island with meat and fresh produce.