United Nations Truce Supervision Organization• Took place in the Middle East.
• Their HQ is a Government House in Jerusalem.
• The countries involved were Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and the Syrian Arab Republic.
• Major General Juha Kilpia of Finland was Head of Mission and Chief of Staff.
• $70,280,900 budget
Untied Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan• Took place on the line between India and Pakistan in the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
• HQ was in Islamabad from November to April and then in Srinagar from May to October.
• The Countries involved were India and Pakistan
• Led by Major General Young-Bum Choi
• Ongoing operation.
First United Nations Emergency Force• Took place in the Suez Canal sector and the Sinai peninsula.
• Headquarters in Gaza
• Egypt and Israel
• Their goal was end the war in Gaza and to maintain peace, but it was never resolved.
United Nations Observation Group in Lebanon• Located in Lebanon.
• Headquarters in Beruit.
• Led by Chairmen Galo Plaza Lasso of Ecuador.
• Countries involved were Afghanistan, Argentina, Burma, Canada, Ceylon, Chile, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Portugal and Thailand.
• Helped put an end to the 1958 Lebanon Crisis.
United Nations Operation in the Congo• Took place in the Congo.
• HQ in Leopoldville.
• Was created as a responce to the Congo Crisis.
• Turned the tention into an all out civil war.
• General Carl Van Horn.
• The Congo and Belgum were involved.
United Nations Security Force in West New Guinea• Located in West New Guinea.
• HQ in Hollandia
• Led by Major-General Said Uddin Khan of Pakistan.
• Pakistan, Canada and United States were invovled.
• They established an agreement in 1962 to advise, assist, and participate in arrangements which were responsible for Inonesia's act for freedom of choice to either retain or severe ties to Indonesia.
Second United Nations Emergency Force• Located in the Suez Canal sector and later the Sinai peninsula.
• Was responsible for the cease fire between Israel and Egypt, and eventually a peace treaty.
• Led by Lieutenant General Ensio P. H. of Finland.
United Nations Disengagement Force• Located in Syrian Golan.• HQ in Camp Faouar.
• Supervised a cease fire agreement and eventually a disengagement agreement.
• Led by Major-General Iqbal Singh Singha of India.
• Austria, Croatia, India, Japan and the Philippines contributed.
United Nations Good Offices Mission in Afghanistan and Pakistan• "Was established to assist in ensuring the implementation of the Agreements on the Settlement of the Situation Relating to Afghanistan and in this context to investigate and report possible violations of any of the provisions of the Agreements."
• Located in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
• HQ in Kabul and Islamabad.
• Represented by Diego Cordovez of Ecuador.
• Austria, Canada, Denmark, Fiji, Finland, Ghana, Ireland, Nepal, Poland and Sweden were involved.
United Nations Iran-Iraq Military Observer Group• Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, Denmark, Finland, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, SFR Yugoslavia, Canada, Kenya, Malaysia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Austria, Peru, Poland, Zambia, Sweden, Senegal, Turkey, Hungary and Uruguay were all involved.
• Located in Iran and Iraq.
• Led by Major-General Slavko Jovic of Yugoslavia.
• They were responisible for a ceasefire between Iraq and Iran.
United Nations Iraq - Kuwait Observation Mission• "UNIKOM was established in April 1991 following the forced withdrawal of Iraqi forces from Kuwait. Its task was to monitor the demilitarized zone along the Iraq-Kuwait border, deter border violations and report on any hostile action."
• Located in Iraq/Kuwait
• Led by Major-General Gunther Greindl (Austria)
• Argentina, Austria, Bangladesh, Canada, Chile, China, Denmark, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, and others were involved.
United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara• The countries involved are Argentina, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, China, Croatia, Djibouti, Egypt, El Salvador, France, Ghana, Guinea, Honduras, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Malawi, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Sri Lanka, Uruguay and Yemen.
• Led by Wolfgang Weisbrod-Weber (Germany)
• Located in the Western Sahara.
• They have had both parties agree to a ceasefire, and have also been pushing for peace talks.
United Nations Mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea• Located in Ethiopia and Eritrea
• Led by Major-General Mohammad Taisir Masedeh (Jordan)
• Algeria, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Gambia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, India, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Nigeria, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, and many others contributed.
• They have monitored and assisted their forces.
United Nations Mission of Support in East Timor• They provided assistance to East Timor for two years until all operational responsibilities were fully devolved to the East Timor authorities after becoming an independent state.
• Located in East Timor.
• Led by Lieutenant-General Winai Phattiyakul ( Thailand )
• Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Ireland, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, and many others contributed.