-
The works directed by Prosper de Verboom lasted 36 years
-
General Joan Prim obtained a law ordering the demolition of the Ciutadella, the conversion into the park and the transfer to the city. Three buildings were not demolished: the Palace of the Governor, the Church and the Arsenal
-
In the space of the park of the ancient Ciutadella, the Universal Exposition was held in Barcelona
-
The old arsenal is transformed into the Royal Palace, because if they were the Kings of Spain when they went to Barcelona. Pere Falqués was the architect in charge of transforming the arsenal into a palace
-
He became the music museum of art and there were two side wings
-
In 1932, the Generaliat perside, Francesc Masia, decided another function at the Royal Palace of Ciutadella, and installed the headquarters of the Parliament of Catalonia
-
It is the seat of Parliament for a short time and with an interruption of 17 months: Black Biennial (facts of the 34). The last meeting was in 1938
-
General Franco turned the Palace of Parliament into a casemate
-
It was transformed into the Museum of Modern Art
-
With the restoration of democratic freedoms and the institutions of Catalonia, the palace was restored and readapted in order to be able to accommodate Parliament again. On April 10, 1980, the first session took place