The Fliiped ClassroomMore and more teachers wil be using the strategy of a flipped classroom. A flipped classroom turns the traditional classroom on its head. Students are engaged through the internet and they are able to come to class prepared and ready to work on "homework," that they would normally do at home.
* Students will be more active in the learning process
* If I am able to use this strategy I will be able to teach more
Self Paced LearningThe use of more technology in the classroom will allow students to learn at their own pace. Students will be able to create their very own personal learning environent.
* This will help teachers who need to differentiate instruction for students.
* Self paced learning will help to diminish boredom in the classroom.
Worldwide GamificationStudents have been and will continue to use games as a learning tool. I believe that in the future we will see how this reward system can have a negative affect on laerning.
* Students won't always receive an incentive/reward for doing shocol work.
* When students aren't rewarded what will happen??
* As educators we need to think of multiple ways to engage and motivate students.
Stronger Focus on STEM Education
Counseling and Tutoring goes High TechIn the future students will be able to get the help they need when they need it.
* This will allow educators to spend less time reviewing and
* This will affect the rate and pace of the classroom
* Teachers will be able to focus on more educational material
Predicting trends in 2013