Period: Dec 16, 1485 to Jan 7, 1536
Life of Catherine of Aragon (birth - death)
- She was the youngest surviving child of Ferdinand and Isabella, the joint rulers of Spain.
- The marriage between Catherine and Henry VIII was planned before he was old enough to be married,
- The only child borne to the couple to have survived was Mary. 4.Henry's second wife, Anne Boleyn happened to be the sister of one of Catherine's servants.
- Catherine had to renounce the title of Queen, and had to live with the title of "Princess Dowager of Wales,"
Jun 28, 1491
King Henry is bornat Greenwhich Palace, Greenwich. At the begining of his life, he was fit and healthy, but then after he became king, he resembled the overwieght figure he is remembered as.
Period: Jan 23, 1505 to May 19, 1536
Life of Anne Boleyn (birth -death)
- The legend of Anne Boleyn always included a sixth finger or large mole, known as beauty marks.
- The only child born to this couple was Princess Elizabeth 3.She denied all accusations of incest and adultery, but still was executed.
- Shortly before her death, her marriage was announced dissolved, and declared invalid.
- Little to nothing is known about Anne's childhood other than her life in France.
Period: Jan 23, 1508 to Oct 24, 1537
Life of Jane Seymour (birth - death)
- Some theories of Henry VIII's interest in Jane was her calm and gentel demeanor. 2.She is the only one of the six wives to be buried with Henry VIII 3.Within 24 hours of Anne Boleyn's execution, Jane Seymour and Henry VIII were betrothed.
- She gave birth to only one child, Edward
- She died two weeks after her childs birth, argued because she may have had a C-section.
Period: Jan 1, 1509 to
Time Period of King Henry the 8th
Apr 21, 1509
King Henry begins reignKing Henry begins reign at the age of 18, after the sudden death of his older brother. He is known by Historians to be one of the most important monarchs of all time. Also during his reign, King Henry breaks away from the Roman Church to create his own, the Anglican Church, mainly because the pope wouldn't annul his first marriage. In order to do so he created his own church where he could get more queens in order to heighten the chance of him having a son as an heir.
Jun 11, 1509
Marriage between Catherine of Aragon and King Henry VIIIFirst wife of King Henry VIII, and she was the princess of the rulers of Spain
Period: Jan 23, 1512 to Sep 5, 1548
Life of Katherine Parr (birth - death)1.Katherine Parr was the daughter of a couple in King Henry VIII's early reign.
2.All of the husbands of Katherine Parr seemed to have died, including King Henry VIII.
3. She secretely married Thomas Seymour only a few months after Henry VIII's death.
4.She carefully cared over her stepchildren while married to King Henry VIII, considering their education and lives at home.
5. She also was a patron of the arts, and she also published two books in her lifetime.
Period: Sep 22, 1515 to Aug 4, 1557
Life of Anne of Cleves (birth - death)1.Marriage was nothing more than a truce
2. Both parties actually worked towards the dissolvement of the marriage.
3.Many factors contributed to the annulment of Anne of Cleves and Henry VIII, including Kathryn Howard and personal feelings to end the marriage.
4.After the dissolvement she was given the title "King's Sister and given the Hever Castle, former home of Anne Boleyn.
5. She attended the cornation of her ex-step-daughter Mary.
Feb 18, 1516
Mary I BornMary was the first child of Henry the 8th. She was declared a lady instead of a princess. Mary the first was very ill in 1542.
Period: Jan 23, 1521 to Feb 13, 1542
Life of Kathryn Howard (birth - death)1.She died at the age of 21.
2. She was the first cousin of Anne Boleyn, the second wife of Henry VIII
3. One of the purposes of Kathryn was to lift the King's spirits for he had gained weight and was in great deals of pain.
4. Less than a year into the marriage, rumors of infidelity occured for she participated in flirtateous courts.
5. By November 1541 there was enough evidence for her misconduct, leading up to her execution.
Jan 23, 1533
Annulment of Catherine of Aragon and King Henry VIIIThomas Cranmer, the Archbishop of Canterbury granted the annulment for the pope wouldn't listen to King Henry VIII
Jan 25, 1533
Marriage between Anne Boleyn and King Henry VIIIAn interesting fact concerning Anne Boleyn, her sister Mary also had an affair with King Henry VIII
Sep 7, 1533
Elizabeth the 1st bornHer coronation was one of the most expencive of all time. Her mother died WAY before she did. She was the only child of Henry of VIII to unite all the kingdoms of England.
Jan 22, 1534
First Act Of SupremacySo that King Henry could divorce his wife because the pope wouldm't allow his marriage to be annuled.
May 19, 1536
Annulment of Anne Boleyn and King Henry VIIIAnne Boleyn was executed for the accusations of adultery, incest, and planning to murder the King.
May 30, 1536
Marriage between Jane Seymour and King Henry VIIIAn interesting fact is that Jane Seymour is the only wife to be buried with King Henry VIII
Oct 12, 1537
Edward 6th Born
Oct 24, 1537
Annulment of Jane Seymour and King Henry the VIIIJane died two weeks after giving birth to her son Edward
Jan 6, 1540
Marriage between Anne of Cleves and King Henry VIIIThis marriage was only and excuse for a truce between France and the Roman Empire
Jul 22, 1540
Annulment of Anne of Cleves and King Henry VIIIBoth King Henry VIII and Anne of Cleves worked together to dissolve their marriage for Anne of Cleves was clever enough not to anger Henry VIII
Jul 28, 1540
Marriage between Kathryn Howard and King Henry VIIIShe was the first cousin to Anne Boleyn, Henry VIII's second wife
Feb 13, 1542
Annulment of Kathryn Howard and King Henry VIIIShe was executed at the tower of London for promiscous acts leading up to her marriage with the king
Jul 12, 1543
Marriage between Katherine Parr and King Henry VIIIHenry VIII was Katherine Parr's third husband to have died...
Jan 21, 1547
King Henry dies at 55at St. Gorge's Chaple, Windor Castle
Jan 28, 1547
Annulment of Katherine Parr and King Henry VIIIInstead of Katherine Parr, dying or being banished, the divorce occured solely because of the death of King Henry VIII
Jul 6, 1547
Edward 6th takes throneEdward takes reign of the country when his father dies and he was only a king for a few years. He died at age 15. He suffered from tuberculosis. Jane was queen for a few days after his death, but then afterward, Mary became queen due to popular demand.
He was born in 1537 to Jane Seymour and died July 6 1553
Jan 23, 1553
Queen Mary takes the throneShe takes the crown after Edwards death and she marries King Phillip II of Spain who was 11 years younger than her. For this reason her barely had any power in England, she also claimed she was pregnant, but it was later found that it was a fake. She also earned the name "Bloody Mary" for 300 protestants were prosecuted and were burnt at the stake for the sole purpose of returning England to Roman Catholism. She died Novemeber 17, 1558.
Mar 24, 1558
Elizabeth I Takes the throneShe never married gaining the name "Virgin Queen" and she immediately repealed catholic legislation inroduced by her sister Mary. Her mother was the second wife of King Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn, and England seemed to prosper and react positvely to her reign, also the great Spanish Armada was defeated in her reign.
She was born in 1533 and died in 1603.
Nov 17, 1558
Mary Ist DiesShe was Coronated October 1st 1558.
Jan 23, 1559
Act of SupremacyPlaced under Queen Elizabeth, and it repleaded the first act of supremacy.