Great Awakening-The Great Awakening was an important event in history because it should people different religious and politic views.
-The cause for the Great Awakening was that people weren't dedicated to their religion.
-The colonist response to this was that they agreed they need stronger faith in Christianity.
- During the event people tried to awaken their faith.
-This lead to people seeing politics and religion differently
French and Indian war-It was important because it killed number of settlers that wanted to settle in western land.
-what caused the event were the British wanted more land for themselves.
-what happened during the war was British mad a ban on gifts and British settlers settled in Indians lands.
-It ended because the Indians failed to defeat the French and the British.
- It led to the Proclamation of 1763
Proclamation of 1763-It was important because the British made sure colonist could not settle on Indian land.
-The cause of this was that colonist continued to move onto Indian lands.
-what happened was the Proclamation of 1763 created a dividing line between colonial and Indian lands.
- Colonist didn’t like this but followed the rule anyway to prevent any more war.
Sugar act-It was Important because it was the first law in the colonies that was only to raise money for British Soldiers.
- The cause was that Britain had to pay their soldiers.
-What happened was they taxed colonist on imported sugar
-It led to the stamp act in 1765
Stamp act-It was important because it was the second time British collected taxes through the colonies.
-the cause was the colonist complained about the sugar act and didnt have a better way to pay taxes.
-what happened was that colonist where being taxed when they brought newspapers, licenses, and legal documents.
-The colonist response was that it was the first law of parliament that taxed the colonist .
- It ended because colonist repealed and protested about it.
- It led to the Townshend act of 1767
- It was important because it led to the Tea act.
- The cause was England still need tax money for them.
- What happened was they stared to tax all important class and pottery.
- The colonist’s response was that they hated it because it took power away from colonial governments.
- It ended because it didn’t end up working, but led to the Tea act.
- It was important because five important people were killed by British soldiers.
- The cause for this was the troops where a threat to the soldiers.
- What happened was the soldiers were being threatened by troops, so two soldiers stared shooting.
- The colonist where mad and put the soldiers on trial
- It ended with two soldiers being branded on the hand and then released.
Tea act-It was Important because it caused the Boston Tea party.
- The cause for this event was the colonist repealed the Townshend act and they still need tax money.
-What happened was companies were charging less for the Tea, as the taxes go up.
-Colonist were mad about this because Britain were still taxing the colonist.
-It led to the Boston Tea party.
Boston Tea Party-It was important because it should how brave those colonists were.
-The cause was because of the Tea act.
-What happened was colonist through tea into Boston Harbor.
-The colonist were happy the tea was gone and very excited about how it turn out.
Intolerable acts-It was important because the British got back for Boston tea party.
-The cause for this was the Boston Tea party.
-What happened during the event was they placed four laws
-The colonist were angry about what was happening.
Battle of Lexington/Concord-It was important because the colonist and British fought and the colonist won.
-What happened was British soldiers started attacking the colonists.
-The colonists fought the British back.
-It ended because the colonists won.
Battle of Bunker Hill-It was important because the colonist fought the British again but this time retreated and killed more British men with less gunpowder.
-The cause was the Battle of Lexington/ Concord.
-What happened was the colonist surprised attacked the British in British territories.
-The colonist where scared because they were low on gunpowder.
-It ended because the colonists retreated.
Common Sense-It was important because it made people start to think about independence.
-What happened was Thomas Paine wrote Common Sense and this stared people thinking about independence.
-It led to the Declaration of Independence.
-The colonist agreed with what was going on.
Declaration of Independence-It was important because it was the first legal document that stated that they were a free country and free from England and the King.
-The cause was people were taking their thoughts about Common Sense and really thinking about how they want to be free from England.
-What happened was Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence and they presented it to the King.
-The colonist where happy that they would become a free country.
Battle of Saratoga-It was important because they became friends with France.
-What happened was the Americans won the battle, so the French formally declared their support.
Battle of Yorktown-It was important because the French and Americans fought the British and the British surrendered.
-The British surrendered to the Patriots and the French helped.
-The British response was that they were so weak they had to surrender.
-It ended because the British surrendered.
Treaty of Paris-It was important because they established British recognition with the United States.
-What happened was they finally made a peace treaty.
-The colonist enjoyed the peace treaty.