The Great Awakening
- This reopened religous faith.
- There was a decline in faith .
- Christians got thier faith renewed.
- The colonists became stronger in faith
- It lead to stonger religion
French and Indian War
- Many were killed for thier land.
- The french were greedy for land.
- The french and indians went into eachother's settlements to fight.
- The colonists were at war.
- The brittish got the land in the end.
Proclimation of 1763
- This banned the colonist from moving to another place.
- Leaders feared colonists would all move away causing another war.
- There was a division of land.
- The colonists stopped moving.
- It lead to many documents.
- This act brought in money for the military it was the first ever tax.
- The government needed money.
- Parliment taxed the people on all imported sugur and mollasses.
- The colonists were outraged.
- This ended after paliment took it down.
- New payments on stamps and paper.
- Government needed money so they taxed everyone.
- They used this money for the army.
- People protested and put a stop to this.
Towshend Acts-This was important becuase it lead to the tea act.
-The goverment used this money to pay the amy and themselves.
-This act consisted of a tax on all imported glass, lead, paint, and tea.
-The colonists feared the british intentions.
Boston Massacre-Five important people were killed.
-The colonist thought the troops looked threating.
- During this colonists went on trial after some troops shot five actavists.
- Two soilders ended up being branded then released.
- This act lead to the Boston Tea Party
- Colonists were mad becuase the Brittish would not stop taxing them.
- companies money went down as tax money went up.
- There was a rebellion which caused the Boston Tea Party.
Boston Tea Party
- This was a major rebellion.
- The cause of this as the Tea Act.
- 90,000 pounds of tea was poured into the harbor.
- This stopped the Tea Act.
- This was the last act.
- New laws were passed and the colonists took charge.
- Four laws were passed.
- The colonists were unhappy.
- In the end the laws were kept.
Battle of Lexington/Concered
- There were many casualties but the colonists won this battle.
- The Brittish started this fight and they burned buildings.
- During this the Brittish were very upset so they started a fight with the colonists.
Battle of Bunker Hill
- The colonists retreated with less gunpowder the Brittish were killing more.
- There was also a suprise attack from the Brittish.
- The colonists wer scared but they won the battle.
- This was a pamphlet that said kings acted as parents.
- People started thinking about the Decloration of Independence after reading this.
- This lead to the Decloration of Indepenence.
Decloration of Independence
- Drafted by Tomas Jefferson this was a document that stated the rights of the people.
- This lead to the constitution and bill of rights.
- This was signed by 56 people.
- This document stated the problems and rights of the people.
Battle of Saratoga
- The Brittish troops became allies with the French.
- This was the greatests American victory (up to that point).
- The colonists won this war.
- The Decloration of Independence led up to this.
Battle of Yorktown
- The Americans brought in help from forieners.
- The colonists were tierd.
- B-Arnold turned to the Brittish side.
- The Brittish won again.
Treaty of Paris
- A seperation from Brittian, Argentina, and Spain happened.
- The Battle of Yorktown lead up to this.
- It was a separaton of land.
- The Brittish won in this and got more land.