Jan 1, 1509
King Henry takes the throne/ BioKing Henry VII was a charming person with a liked to please people but he could get angry verbally and physically.He took real interests into people and could be very affectionate. He was a very religious person and went to mass everyday. He also spent money on wars for the Catholic church. Although, conflict happened with the Catholic church when he wanted to annul his marriage with Catherine of Aragon. He broke away from the Catholic Church and formed the Church of England or Anglican Church.
Period: Jan 1, 1509 to
Jun 11, 1509
Catherine of Aragon and King Henry get married1) Was not first marrage, but was the last.
2) She married her first husbands brother after his death.
3) Gave birth to Mary and henry, but Henry died :(
4) Had many problem pregnacies
5) King Henry divorced her because she could not give him a healthy baby boy
Feb 21, 1516
Mary is BornKing Henry's first child, Mary, is born. More information on her when she takes the throne.
Jan 2, 1533
Catherine of Aragon and King Henry's marriage dissolved
Jan 25, 1533
Ann Boleyn married King Henry1) Was a short marriage because she was executed.
2) Very little known about her early years.
3) Was a transfered to the household of King Henry the VIII sister.
4) Had six fingers, and had lots of moles.
5) Had a relationship with Sir Thomas Wyatt
Jan 25, 1533
Elizabeth is BornKing Henry's second child, Elizabeth, is born. More information on her when she takes the throne.
Jan 23, 1534
The Act of supremacy 1534Henry put forth this act to be able to divorce his first wife Catherine. Also the act broadened the power of the monarch while decreasing the power of Rome. Another thing is that King Henry VII wanted to gain the money of the Church. The act also made it that Catholic treason was punishable by death.
Jan 7, 1536
Catherine of Aragon dies
May 19, 1536
Anne Boleyn ExicutedAnne Boyeyn was exicuted by King Henrey.
May 30, 1536
Jane Seymour marries King Henry VIII1) King Henry fell in love with Jane when still married to Anne.
2) Some believe that she did not understand her position as political pawn she was playing.
3) Within 24 hours after Anne's beheading Jane and Henry were formally betrothed.
4) Became pregnant in 1537.
5) Died two weeks after her son was born.
Oct 10, 1537
Edward is bornKing Henry's thrid child and only son Edward is born. More information on Edward when he takes the throne.
Oct 24, 1537
Jane Seymour diesJane Symour dies two weeks after giving birth to her son Edward.
Jan 6, 1540
King Henry marries Anne of Cleves1) Henry married Anne of Cleves in order to make an ally with
2) By the time they got married, Henry was already looking for ways to get out of the marriage.
3) Anne was not suited for a political life in England, she mostly learned about domestic skills.
4) Henry did not find her at all atractive.
5) When trying to annul their marriage she testified that her previous marriage with the son of the Duke of Lorraine had not been properly broken.
Jul 20, 1540
Anne of Cleves and King Henry's marriage dissolved.King Henry gets his marriage with Anne of Cleves's marriage dissolved.
Jul 28, 1540
Kathryn Howard marries King Henry1) Was a first cousin to Anne Boleyn.
2) Married her for influence over the monarch too
3) Married her 16 days asfter his last wife.
4) He was 49 and she was only 19.
5) She was exicuted for being tought unfaithful to King Henry
Feb 13, 1542
Kathryn Howard is exicutedKathryn Howard is exicuted at the Tower of London,
Jul 12, 1543
King Henry marries Katerine Parr1) Her parents were on the court of King Henry.
2) Was named after his first wife.
3) Had two previous marriages before Henry and widowed both.
4) Wanted to marry Thomas Seymour but accepted Henry's proposal.
5) A plot was being established against her and her ladies because they were thought to have banned books.
Jan 28, 1547
King Henry VIII dies
Jan 29, 1547
King Edwart VI takes the Throne1) Took the throne when he was 10.
2) Was a sickly child.
3) Believed that he suffered from tuberculosis
4) Became very ill and declared Lady Jane Grey as the hier.
5) Introduced a protestant service based off of his book.
Sep 5, 1548
Katherine Parr dies
Mar 18, 1553
King Edward VI dies
Mar 19, 1553
Queen Mary I takes the throne1) Married King Phillip II of Spain in 1554,
2) Person that Bloody Mary is based on.
3) Parlament would not crown King Phillip II jointly with Queen Mary.
4) Had a false pregnancy with King Phillip II.
5) Burned 300 protestants of Roman Catholicism at the state, hense Bloody Mary.
Jul 16, 1557
Anne of Cleves dies
Nov 17, 1558
Queen Mary I dies
Nov 18, 1558
Queen Elizabeth I takes the throne1) Repealed the Catholic legislation put on by Queen Mary I.
2) She never married, giving her the name virgin Queen.
3) England prospered when she was queen.
4) The Great Spanish Armada was defeated during her reign.
5) England was safe from foreign invasion durning her reign also.
Jan 14, 1559
Act of Spremacy 1559After King Henry's Act of supremacy 1534 was repealed by Queen Mary I, it was reinstated by Queen Elizabeth I. Queen Elizabeth declared herself Supreme Govenor of the Church of England, and put in an Oath of Supremacy. There were three levels of penalties for anyone who refused to take the oath and the las penatly was death.
Queen Elizabeth I dies