The tragic life of Marilyn Monroe

Timeline created by Majo Cuervo
  • Born without parents

    Born without parents
    As her father's identity is undetermined, she was baptized Norma Jeane Baker.
    Her mother was committed to a mental institution, so he spent most of her childhood in foster homes and orphanages
  • Bad Families

    Bad Families
    Grace McKee, her mother's best friend, got custody, she was the one who encouraged her to be an actress. However, some time later Norma accused the woman's husband of having raped her. So she was forced to move again; she stayed with Olive Brunings, Grace's uncle, but was raped again by the lord's son.
  • Unplanned wedding

    Unplanned wedding
    After the rape, Norma had to go live with someone else but she got sick, so she had to go back to Grace Mckee. Unfortunately, when Grace's husband was transferred to the East Coast in 1942,
    they couldn't take her away. She had two options: return to the orphanage or get married.
    Norma married the son of a neighborhood police officer, James Dougherty, 21 years old.
  • Before Marilyn

    Before Marilyn
    After getting married she stopped studying to dedicate herself to her role as a good wife and a good housewife.
    When the United States was immersed in the middle of World War II, Dougherty enlisted in the Navy. Left alone, Norma moved to the home of her mother in law, with whom she worked at the Radio Plane munitions factory in Burbank.
  • The start of MM

    The start of MM
    Norma managed to be listed as a model and made the cover of magazines. Her new job as a model did not like her husband. She had a decision to make: Either continue to be a housewife or she was on her way to fame. Norma decided to bet on her future, divorced her husband and appeared at various castings.
    She was hired by Twentieth Century Fox executives to work as a movie extra. That was where his stage name was suggested. By then Norma already had her famous blond hair.
  • Small Difficulties

    Small Difficulties
    After many supporting roles without notorious success, he over time began to get good reviews, but it wasn't enough attention. In 1953, she landed a starring role, even without the expected success.
  • Year of success

    Year of success
    After the short success of her previous starring role, Marilyn landed new lead roles in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" and "How to Marry a Millionaire" where she was finally able to have the expected success. In the same year, Marilyn appeared in Playboy's inaugural issue, and became the magazine's first girl of the month.
  • Wedding for convenience

    Wedding for convenience
    Although Marilyn was a major actress at 20th Century Fox, she had a lower salary than others and could not choose her projects. Tired of this she refused to record a film and the studio temporarily suspended it. So she ran an advertising campaign to strengthen her position in the studio showdown, married Joe Di Maggio, returned to Hollywood and was awarded the Photoplay Award for the most popular female star. Later, the studio offered him a more advantageous contract.
  • Marilyn Monroe Productions

    Marilyn Monroe Productions
    The famous scene of the dress raised by the wind caused Monroe and DiMaggio to divorce, as Joe did not like the image he gave. In the mid 50s, Monroe quit acting for a while because she wanted to form her own film production company and perfect her performance.
  • Disaster begins

    Disaster begins
    Marilyn married Arthur Miller under a Jewish ceremony. After marriage he recorded the first film of his production company. The filming was very distressing for her, who was pregnant, and suffered a miscarriage. During this period, due to her emotional and mood disorders, she became addicted to alcohol and barbiturates.
  • And everything gets worse

    And everything gets worse
    During other shoots, Monroe was always late, constantly asking to repeat the shots and with great difficulty managed to memorize his lines; this caused upsets with his peers. The filming of the film was also distressing, because there she became pregnant, after an alleged affair with Curtis, but again aborted.
    During this period, Monroe's health and emotional state deteriorated. At night, to combat his insomnia, he telephoned Dr. Ralph Greenson, his psychiatrist and psychoanalyst.
  • Near death

    Near death
    Monroe's mood wasn't good: he often missed filming, had difficulty concentrating, and sleeping consumed heavy doses of drugs and alcohol. In August, Marilyn was hospitalized urgently in Los Angeles for 10 days. Newspapers reported that the actress was close to death, but did not reveal the causes of her internment. In January she divorced Miller, and in February she entered a psychiatric clinic. His delicate condition prevented him from working for the rest of the year.
  • The end of a diva

    The end of a diva
    For her delays and sudden absences from filming, she was fired. After she was reinstated, Monroe resumed negotiations with the producer to discuss her career. They had a lot of projects for her. The agreement they reached established that he would receive a million dollars per film and that he had the freedom to choose director and costars. At 4:55 a.m, the head of the police department received a call. It was Marilyn Monroe's psychiatrist, and the message was clear: the actress was dead.
  • Was it planned?

    They noticed a series of inconsistencies in the testimonies of the two doctors and the housekeeper, who seemed very nervous and had been suspiciously delayed in notifying the authorities. The scene of death seemed altered, the sheets were changed and clean and the body had been moved. An empty bottle of sleeping pills was found by his bedside. There has been some speculation over the years that she may have been killed, but it was officially ruled as a drug overdose.