Cold War Era
Berlin Airlift-The soviets attempted to drive the western powers out of Berlin by blocking the rail and water traffic throught east Germany to the city.
- The airlift lasted from June 1948 to september 1949
- It brought in food, coal, petroleum, and other supplies to more than 2 million people in west Berlin
Communists take over China-By December, the communists had driven all of the China's forces from the China mainland.
- In Beijing on October 1, 1949, M ao Zedong became leader of the new People's Republic of China.
- In 1952, Mao announced China's first Five- Year plan. With help from U,S.S.R., great progress was made in rebuilding power stations, steelyards, and factories
- The war began when troops from Communist- ruled North Korea, invaded South Korea.
- After the communists kept fighting, the UN asked its member nations to give military aid to South Korea, -When North Korea invaded South Korea, the North Korean Army had about 135,000 soldiers
- The south Koren Army had about 95,000 soliers, few planes or heavy guns, and no tanks
- The Korean War ended on July 27, 1953
berlin Wall-The Berlin Wall was built in 1961
-it was to divide two parts of the city of Berlin
- The two sides were the communists in the east and the non- communists in the west
Cuban Missile crisis-The cristober of 1961is was a period in October of 1961
- The U.S and the Soviet Union teetered on the brisk of war
- The U.S leaned that the soviet Union had insalled missiles in Cuba