-
Amber Alert: Abducted boy may be headed to Central Valley or San Jose Juliani Cardenas, 4, was abducted Tuesday afternoon allegedly by his mother's ex-boyfriend, Jose Esteban Rodriguez.
-
-
Police search canal for signs of Juliania and Rodriguez Authorities begin searching canal Wednesday, Jan. 19 after a witness said he saw a silver Toyota Corolla, matching the description of Rodriguez's car, go into it.
-
Divers find second car, no new leads The third day in the abduction and subsequent disappearance of four-year old, Juliani Cardenas, has not yielded any credible leads or clues to his whereabouts, according to Stanislaus County Sheriff's Office
-
Divers suspended their search Thursday after divers pulled out a silver car that morning. The vehicle was a Lexus, not the silver Toyota Corolla linked to the kidnapping.
-
Divers pull four vehicles from the canal Friday, none of which was connected to the boy, authorities said.
-
Divers recovered a Nissan pickup truck on Saturday, the fifth vehicle found since divers began searching the canal.
-
The Amber Alert for Juliani has also been downgraded from a statewide alert to a local alert.
-
At a vigil Tuesday night in Patterson, Juliani's mother Tabitha Cardenas said she is still holding out hope her son will be found alive
-
The first vehicle taken out of the water Tuesday morning was a Honda reported stolen out of Newman last year. Then a little after noon, a motorcycle was pulled out of the water. About an hour later, another vehicle, a pick-up truck, was lifted out. At 2:30 p.m., an Isuzu SUV was recovered. Later in the day about a mile away where Ward Avenue meets the canal another object was found but darkness and fog prevented divers from retrieving it.
-
Dive teams with the Stanislaus and Merced County sheriff's departments have been looking in the canal on the western edge of San Joaquin Valley for a week. They have recovered 11 stolen and abandoned vehicles but not the one they're looking for.
-
Authorities say when searchers pulled up the Toyota Corolla from the Delta-Mendota Canal shortly before 6 Friday night it was empty.
-
Divers end search at canal, wait for bodies to surface
Crews leave the Delta-Mendota Canal after searching siphons and removing 12th car from canal. Police said they will wait until the bodies of Juliani and Rodriguez surface