Germany's Anschluss with AustriaAnschluss video
- Austria was crippled by The Paris Peace Conference from WWI
- Most Austrians had strong German ties
- Germany just invaded unopposed and formed a union with Austria while the rest of the world did nothing.
Germany's Annexation of the Sudetenland
- Hitler wanted to have Czechoslovakia annexed for German living space and natural rescources
- Sudentenland was the main line of defence stopping Germany on the western border
- Daladier and Chamberlain signed the Munich Agreement that turned Sudenten over to Germany with no shots fired.
Munich Pact<ahref='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAPObWb4ycE&feature=fvst' >Munich Agreement</a>
- Agreement Signed inorder to stop violence from Germany invading Sudentenland/Sparking a war
- Neville Chamberlain (British Prime Minister) and Edouard Daladier (French Premier) met with Hitler in Munich and agreed to give Hitler Sudentenland for his word on it being his "last territorial demand"
Hitler's Annexation of Czechoslovakia
- Hitler poured troops into what remained of Czech.
- Winston Churchill warned France and Britain that they will be shamed due to their appeasement to Germany, and Germany wouldn't stop there
Nazi-Soviet Non-Agression Pact
- Poland was next to be invaded
- Germany knew war could spring up between Societ Russia if Poland was invaded
- Stalin unexpectedly signed a pact agreeing they wouldn't attack
- Germany agreed to split land between Russia due to this
Germany's Invasion of PolandPoland gets invaded by Germany
- Germany bombed Poland's military bases and cities
- German tanks and soldiers initiate a blitzkrieg on Poland and took them by suprise.
- After the Invasion of Poland, France and Britain declared war on Germany
- Resulted in No movement and two sides sitting in front of eachother
Miracle at Dunkirk
- Germany trapped around 400,000 British and French soldiers as they Fled to Dunkirk
- Ferries and fishing trawlers helped evacuate around 330,000 soldiers from German's harm.
Battle of BritainGerman Invades Britain
- In the summer of 1940, Germany launched an air attack on Britain.
- Goal was to gain total control of the skies by destroying Britain's Royal Air Force
- Continued into September, and Germany eventually called off the invasion (but still bombed Britain's' cities)
Fall Of France<ahref='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jve60OM2drE&feature=related' >France Surrenders</a>
- Germany was able to send tanks in through the Ardennes (woods northeast of France unguarded)
- Germany marched to Paris
- Italy soon entered the war on Germanys side, forcing france to surrender.
- Germany put Marshal Philippe Petain in charge of a Nazi-Controlled Puppet Government in Vichy, France