Lennie grabs onto a girl's dress and she panics, forcing Lennie and George to run away.[- A girl accuses Lennie of rape after he grabs onto a her dress and doesn't let go.
- A group of men gather in order to lynch the duo, forcing Lennie and George to run away and find a new place to work at.]
George and Lennie rest by a river for a quick break.[- Lennie immediately runs to the river to drink the water without checking if it was safe, revealing his childlike nature and the way he thinks.
- Lennie is forced to reveal and hand over the dead mouse in his pockets, which passed away due to Lennie crushing it while petting it too hard.
- George goes on a rant about how he is lonely and he doesn't have someone to be with, revealing his lonely character.
- George tells Lennie if anything bad happens, he has to come by the bushes.]
George and Lennie are hired to work on the ranch.[- They meet Candy who informs them that the boss is not happy about their tardy and shows them where their bunkers are and describe the rest of the people that are working on the ranch.
- The boss asks them questions about their past whereabouts and why they had decided to move on to this ranch for work. George speaks for Lennie, telling him that there was no work left on the past farm and that a passerby had told them the ranch was a bit down the road, when in reality, it was much farther.]
Slim gives Lennie a puppy and George thanks him for it when they're alone.[- Slim gives Lennie a puppy and when they're alone in the bunker, George thanks Slim for giving it to him.
- Feeling comfortable around him, George reveals to Slim his and Lennie's past and the reason why he sticks around and takes care of him.]
George and Lennie plan to buy a farm and live there instead.[- George begins to think of living near here on a farm with Lennie, this way it would benefit both of them by giving them a place to stay and making sure that Lennie stays out of trouble.
- Candy hears their plan and wants to tag along, getting on the deal as well for a safe future home.]
Lennie is petting puppies in the barn and accidentally kills one of them by petting it too hard.[- Lennie is petting the puppies but accidentally crushes one to death and tries to hide it because he thinks George won't let him tend the rabbits, but in the end strokes it anyways since he keeps a little hope that George wouldn't care.
- While Lennie is petting the dead puppy, Curley's wife walks in and he tries to hide the dead corpse. Curley's wide demands him to show him what he's hiding, so he shows her the dead puppy. Curley's wife tells him that it was just a mutt and no one will care.]
Curley's wife and Lennie end up talking, but Lennie accidentally kills her in the process.[- Curley's wife starts talking about how her dream was to be an actor and how she wanted to be a great performer.
- All of a sudden, Lennie mentions to Curley's wife that he has a an obsession with touching soft things.
- Curley's wife lets him touch his hair. Soon, his fingers become too rough in her hair and in a panic she screams. Lennie quickly covers her mouth up and mistakenly snaps her neck.]
Everyone figures out that Curley's wife has been killed and that Lennie was responsible.[- Candy walks into the barn and finds Curley's wife's dead body an immediately alerts George. George realizes that his dream has been crushed and he has no more dream to work towards too.
- Curley and the rest of the men walks into the barn and finds his dead lover's body. He immediately points the blame on Lennie and gets his shotgun and his men ready to shoot Lennie dead.]
Lennie realizes that he's made a mistake and goes to his hiding space.[- Lennie realizes that he's done something bad and goes to hide with the dead puppy in the bushes like George told him to do if anything bad happened.
- While hiding, he begins to hallucinate images of Aunt Clara and a giant rabbit who scold him of his wrongdoing and tell him he's nothing but a nuisance.]
George shoots Lennie in the back of the head.[- George repeats their dream to Lennie, assuring him that everything is going to be alright and they were going to live out their dream. When Lennie has his guard down, George shoots him in the head so he could pass away peacefully with their dream in mind.
- The noise of the gun attracted Curley, Candy, and Slim. He throws his gun away and Slim takes him for a drink, while Candy and Carlson wonder why they look so depressed.]