Willow lake park vintage photos 3

History of Willow Lake Campground and RV Park Woodstock Ontario Canada www.willowlakepark.on.ca

  • Land Grant to John Harrington

    Land Grant to John Harrington
    This farm, lot 8, con.11 East Zorra, is the east half of a 200
    acre grant taken by John Harrington from the Crown in Oct. 1844. To this was added in recent years 25 acres to the south, being part of lot 7.
    John Harrington came to Canada from Vermont U.S.A. and this farm was continually in the hands of his descendants until Feb. 1915
  • Owner John Harrington 1844-1881

  • 1857 Atlas

    1857 Atlas
    1857 Atlas
  • 1857 Atlas - Property shown

    1857 Atlas - Property shown
    1857 Atlas - See plot labelled Harrington
  • Cheese Factory - note small circle referencing cheese factory

    Cheese Factory - note small circle referencing cheese factory
    1876 Atlas
  • Spring Creek Cheese & Butter Manfc Co of East Zorra

    Spring Creek Cheese & Butter Manfc Co of East Zorra
    "WILLOW LAKE DAIRY FARM" formerly known as Spring Creek Farm.
  • Owner - Jacob Harrington 1881-1890

    John Harrington died, property to Jacob Harrington (doc#82228)
  • Spring Creek Cheese & Butter Manfc Co of East Zorra

    Spring Creek Cheese & Butter Manfc Co of East Zorra
    Stamp as viewed at Oxford County Archives
    Description
    Made of heavy metal. Painted black and gold. Handle which you push down to get the embossed seal (handle is broken). Seal comes out of lions mouth.
    This company was located where Willow Lake Park is now found, Con. 11 lot 8, East Zorra.
    Link text
  • Owner - Hiram Harrington 1890-1907

    Jacob Harrington to Hiram Harrington (doc#5518)
  • Woollen Mill

    Date unknown
    A Woollen Mill was operated for a number of years on this farm.
    It was run by water from the artificial lake to the mill. Farmers for miles around brought wool as taken from the sheep's back and took it home woven into blankets.
  • Owner - John Powell 1907-1915

    Harrington Estate to John M Powell (doc#9470)
  • Land known as Willow Lake Dairy Farm

    "WILLOW LAKE DAIRY FARM" formerly known as Spring Creek Farm.
    The three surviving Jackson brothers operate 120 acres as a dairy farm
  • Owner - Charles Jackson 1915–1939

    The three surviving Jackson brothers operate 120 acres as a dairy
    farm, their sisters, Misses Florence and Madeline Jackson, having purchased the artificial lake and 5 acres of the surrounding land and developed it.
    The artificial lake was used as a swimming pool in connection with a summer resort and summer cottages known as Willow Lake Park. Mr. Carl Berlett of Woodstock purchased this park from the Misses Jackson in 1954
  • Willow Lake - Mark Family/Friends at Swimming Pool

    Willow Lake - Mark Family/Friends at Swimming Pool
    All are wearing short sleeve blouses. The woman on right of image is running her hand through the back of her hair. Something white is in front of the second woman from the left side. Background is an in ground swimming pool. A wooden diving board (?) Is behind the women right side. A group of people are in front of a wooden slide at center background. Trees are in full foliage.Link text
  • Aerial View

    Aerial View
    late 30's possibly
    note:
    -area where cars are parked is now year round residents
    -stone cottage located mid-right still exists
    -top right is where current campstore and owner's residence are, used to be a snack bar, you can see steps on the right leading up to a balcony/patio where you could purchase snacks
  • Owner - Florence & Madeline Jackson 1939-1954

    1939 - 1954 Florence & Madeline Jackson (to Burlett doc#18215) The three surviving Jackson brothers operate 120 acres as a dairy
    farm, their sisters, Misses Florence and Madeline Jackson, having purchased the artificial lake and 5 acres of the surrounding land and developed it.
    The artificial lake was used as a swimming pool in connection with a summer resort and summer cottages known as Willow Lake Park.
  • Owner - Earl & Mary Burlett 1954-1965

    1954-1965 Earl & Mary Burlett (to Sommers doc #A70361) The artificial lake was used as a swimming pool in connection with a summer resort and summer cottages known as Willow Lake Park. Mr. Carl Berlett of Woodstock purchased this park from the Misses Jackson in 1954
  • Newspaper Article

    Newspaper Article
    Newspaper Article about draining of pool
  • Fun times

    Fun times
    1970ish
  • Owner - Ron and Jane Bergman 1972-2017

  • Owners - James & Joyce Sommers 1965-1972

    1965-1972 James W & Joyce L Sommers (to Bergman doc#B22216)
  • A cold Coke by the pool

    A cold Coke by the pool
  • Fun in the pool

    Fun in the pool
  • Fun in the Pool

    Fun in the Pool
  • Owners - Mark and Melanie Jaycock 2017

    Owners - Mark and Melanie Jaycock 2017
  • New branding, new sign!

    New branding, new sign!
    Willow Lake Park Officially becomes Willow Lake Campground and RV Park
  • New Games Room!

    New Games Room!
  • New Campstore and Office

    New Campstore and Office
    A great spot to pick up all the camping essentials, focusing on campers' needs, suggestions, and local items
  • New Playground

    New Playground
  • Winner of Small Campground of the Year

    Winner of Small Campground of the Year
  • Great season 2019

  • Winner - Camper's Choice for Best Customer Service - Camping in Ontario

    Winner - Camper's Choice for Best Customer Service - Camping in Ontario