$48,112.79 - 4/20 gathering allowed on Norlin Quad$48,112.79 - estimated total: $28,112.79 spent by CU-Boulder on police/facility costs. Specific numbers are not readily available on a categorical basis, but the categories of expenses cover:
- Overtime for Police Officers
- Hiring Argus Security Staff
- Paying traffic attendants
- Paying for equipment rental fees: trucks/signs/barriers, etc. $20,000 estimate for the salaries of those whose work day was devoted entirely to the 4/20 event.
The Annual 4/20 Bill
$50,180 - 4/20 gathering allowed on Norlin Quad$50,180 - estimated total: $30,180 in Police/Facilities cost
- $14,280 in CU police/security/dispatcher overtime. Paying for 40 Officers in all, with 14 from CUPD.
- $4,500 to hire Argust Security Staff
- $5,700 for traffic attendants
- $5,700 for equipment rental fees $20,000 estimate for the salaries of those whose work day was entirely devoted to the 4/20 event.
$278,797.52 - Banned 4/20 event on Norlin Quad$278,797.52 - in total: $124,561 spent on police/facilities.
- $75,569.37 for police/security overtime, officers brought in from outside agencies
- $12,579.61 for Argus Security staff
- $5,789.29 for Ambulance/Fire coverage
- $9,515.55 in other costs: food/water, ads in student newspapers, additional equipment rental, etc.
- $6,550.85 for CU Transportation services
- $7,270.67 for parking equipment rental
- $7,286 for other employees/groundskeepers/locksmiths $154,236 for CUSG concert.
4/20 banned for a second year, campus closedExpenses are not finalized until CU Boulder bills the police department for the various items and services used to close campus on April 20th. However, with no CUSG- funded concert, last year's concert cost can be disregarded to get an estimate of how much 2013 might cost. CU Boulder's 2013 expenses are categorized similarly to 2012's expenses, but the cost of each varies with the year. Accurate figures will be released by CUPD around early June on a press release and on their website.