Atmoic Model Development
John Daltons theoryJohn Dalton pruposed:
1. Matter is made up of atoms that are indivisible and indestructible.
2. Atoms of different elements combine in simple whole numbers to form compounds.
3. All atoms of an element are identical.
4. Atoms of different elements have different weights and different chemical properties.
5. Atoms cannot be created or destroyed. When a compound decomposes, the atoms are recovered unchanged.
J. J. ThompsonHe was the Discoverer of the plum pudding model.
The plum pdding model consists of electrons surrounded by positive charges.
William Conrad RoetengenHe was the discoverer of X-rays.
He found that X-rays can travel through solid objects.
Hantaro NagaokaHe based his atomic model on the rings of saturn.
He was proved incorrect.
Ermest MarsdenHe discovered that there is a nucleus in the atom.
He concluded this with the Rutherford expirement.
Ernest RutherfordHe pruposed that the atoms positive charge was concentrated in the tiny nucleus.
Used the Rutherford expirement to make a diagram of the atom.
Niels BohrPruposed that electrons traveled in set orbits by how much energy they had.
Electrons would move to different energy levels by just appering to the level.
Electron Cloud ModelElectrons do not have fixed orbits but, have quantum mechanical orbitals.
they float in the orbitals and each orbital has a certain amount of energy.
Erwin SchrödingerHe created the distribution electrons throughout the atom.
He modified the equation to fit it to the energy of atoms.
James ChadwickHe proved the existance of nuetrons.
he discovered them using a type of radiation.