History of Lansdale Library

Timeline created by lanslibrary
  • Early library photo

    Early library photo
  • Lansdale Library Association formed.

  • "Formal opening and inspection of the new library quarters" one room in borough building on Courtland St.

  • Library expands to two rooms

  • Articles of Incorporation

  • Library in 1949

    Library in 1949
  • Voters approve one-mill property tax support for the library.

  • Library opens its new building at Vine St and Montgomery Ave.

  • The Library becomes an agency of Lansdale Borough.

  • Library in 1972

    Library in 1972
  • The Library moves to its current location.

  • Non-resident membership $15.00

  • Current library

    Current library
  • Library renovated with addition for Children's and Teen section.

  • December 2000 - Library reorganizes with Lansdale Borough Council appointed as Library Board

  • Library launches website www.lansdalelibrary.org.

  • Period: to

    1928-1948

  • Period: to

    1949-1969

  • Period: to

    1952-1960 - Elva May Smith is first full-time librarian

  • Period: to

    1960-1967 - Mrs Richard C Mallery librarian

  • Period: to

    1968-1997 Peter Manakos Library Director

  • Period: to

    1970-1990

  • Period: to

    1994-2013

  • Period: to

    1998-2000 Debbie Aherns library director

  • Period: to

    2000-2008 Anne Frank library director

  • Period: to

    2009-present Tom Meyer library director